A. Stradivari "Lady Blunt" 1721
Some things I love about the violin:
1) Sings beautifully from the highest register to the lowest.*
2) Easy to tote around.
3) Seems ideal for obsessive-compulsive types.
4) Some are worth millions, but even an ordinary person can
afford a fairly decent one.
5) Has a vast corpus of music written for it.
6) Requires no modem, running electricity, or batteries —
although candles might be helpful if you want to read the
7) 300 years of engineering perfection.
* That is if you are good enough.